CIBS members receive their discount at the door when checking in at the venue. The discounts are a members only benefit and does not apply to tickets purchased for non-members. Click here to become a member of the Central Iowa Blues Society!
The Central Iowa Blues Society was incorporated as a 501(c)3 organization in 1992 by 200 lovers of the blues who wanted to help to improve the blues scene in the Des Moines area. Since that time membership has swelled to over 800 members, and the programs of the organization have grown and improved. CIBS is responsible for the creation and expansion of the Blues section of the Forest Avenue Public Library and the establishment of the Carol Thomas Memorial Endowment Fund for youth education programs. The Iowa Blues Challenge has moved statewide and features perhaps the most lucrative prize package for a contest of its kind in the nation. The Des Moines area is treated with the semi-annual Court Avenue Blues Fest featuring local and regional blues talent. The organization's monthly newsletter, The Blues Crier, continually succeeds in being an outstanding source of information for the members of the society. CIBS has a close working relationship with several area charitable and community service organizations. New and innovative programs are being developed every year. CIBS is committed to "Keeping the Blues Alive!"
As a volunteer organization we are totally dependent on our volunteers. We inform our membership when a special event arises that requires a staff of volunteers. Here are some of the many volunteer opportunities CIBS has to offer.
• Event Volunteer - To volunteer for upcoming events contact our production coordinator.
• Editorial Assistance - Write a CD review, write a review of the latest Blues show you've seen or a good Blues book you've read. Then e-mail it to the newsletter editor. We'll either get it into the Blues Crier or on the web site.
• Corporate Friend - It's tax deductible, provides great advertising opportunities and gives back to the community.
• Ad Sales - You may know someone interested in advertising in the Blues Crier.
• Blues in the Schools Committee